When should I register at the hospital?

I'm 16 weeks along and I know I have till I am 32 weeks to register but was wondering if I should get it out of the way now.

Is it better to wait till I am further along?

lilbit022009

Asked by lilbit022009 at 7:59 AM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I usually register around week 30. I want to be sure it's done just in case I go into labor early.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 9:48 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• i was 6 months when i registerd but that didnt matter i was still signing things when i was pushing him out..i even yelled i did this already. go away...
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 8:02 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• i'm not sure what you mean but i am interested. i go to the clinic at my hospital for my appointments does that mean i still have to register? what exactly does that mean?
    samantha21385

Answer by samantha21385 at 8:34 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I would wait until closer to your due date.. Why???
    Well I registered the day my OB said to. I gave my due date "Sept 23rd".
    Later, after an ultra sound, they changed my due date to August 17th. I didn't change it on the registration. I went into labor August 11th. My DR had "standing orders" so despite my constant protests that I WAS NOT PREMATURE, CALL MY MD. (My Md was single dr practice, his emergancy # was the labor and delivery dept I was in) They STOPPED my labor because that stupid registration card said I was NOT due unitl Sept 23rd.
    The ultra sound tech's actual words then next day when they did a ultra sound, discovering my baby was already over 9 lbs "Oh shit.. they stopped you?"
    say_tay

Answer by say_tay at 9:01 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• im having a c-section in 17 days and im going to register the day before....right after my doctors appt
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 9:19 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• i'm registering after my OB appointment next week, I'll be 35 weeks then.
    AshlieTolliver

Answer by AshlieTolliver at 9:28 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• My hospital calls me and I register over the phone.
    lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 10:54 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• i never registarted with either baby....

i just went into the er and told them i was having a baby.. they asked a few questions and we were done..
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 11:02 AM on Jul. 28, 2009