What do you guys think?

My ex and I talked for over 2 hours last night, it was just like old times. On a whim, spur of the moment, he asked me to come over and I went. I love him so much and want to be with him so bad. When I left this morning, I simply told him I would call him in a couple of days, because I really don't want to push him this time. I'm just hoping we can work things out, I'm excited that I got to see him but I am nervous and cautious this time too...I just hope it works out, what do you guys think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:12 AM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• i was the same with my x but we had a dd together now dd never saw us together she just saw us talken and being friends but deep down i wanted to make things work and once again we tried and the outcome.....we realised we grew apart i grew up and he stayd were he was and we were both unhappy once again we ended up haveing diffrent lives and dint mind being away from each other mainly we were roomates with sex throne in there at times so i moved out and we both moved on im now married to a good man and me and the x are still good friends and thats better then our relationship was lol. he will help me if i need it as i would help him but thats it..were firends. sometimes things work out well sometimes they dont we tried and were unhappy after 7 yrs u have to make a decision. i still love my x but there is no.. in love. we have a dd and shes our first priority and always will be. good luck just make sure its what u both want
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 8:24 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• It sounds like you not only went over but that you also spent the night with him. And you are going to call him? I've been around a long time, and the relationships that last are not based on sex nor on emotional attraction. They are based on committment. The second thing is that men prefer to be the pursuer and not the pursued. They prefer to do the calling and not be the one who is called. If you want to know if this guy is absolutely serious about wanting to spend the rest of his life with you, wait for him to call you, no matter how badly you may be tempted to call him. And when he does call, tell him you made a big mistake last night by spending the night, and tell him it won't happen again. That's how you will know for sure if he the man who wants you for life. You wait to see if he wants you enough to commit to you for the rest of your life.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:43 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• It depends... Don't forget that he was an ex for a reason. Time seems to help us forget the bad, and focus on the good. You need to remind yourself of those "ex reasons" and decide if time has changed both of you enough to work past them.
    say_tay

Answer by say_tay at 8:52 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Play it by ear, see what happens.....I just hope it wasn't some kind of "booty call".
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 10:52 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Sounds like everything is good so far. See how long it lasts. If it seems like he wants it and you want it too, start over. Its possible. Its been done.
    evilive

Answer by evilive at 12:41 PM on Jul. 28, 2009