foot itch...

I am 29 weeks pregnant and for a couple weeks now I have had some severe itchy toes on my right foot. On top, under, and in between my toes. I don't believe its related to pregnancy since my SO had it and that may be where I got it. My concern is what can I use? They are so sore, swollen, and raw from me itching them. My SO went to the store to get me cream for it but the pharmacist said he wouldn't recommend it in pregnancy because it may get into the bloodstream (and my doctor is on vacation). I need something I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE!!! lol

samantha21385

Asked by samantha21385 at 8:31 AM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Health

• the pharmacist didn't recomend something you could use? you can call the ER non-emgergance, and ask them..what cream they would recamend . I use bakning soda make it into a paset, this is what i use on my bug bite, do you think it could be poision ivy? you might want to ask your question again, in a diffrent. cadacordy, i asked mine in health and only got one response, but post in Tweens and get more hits, maybe Pregnancy, I also use (Hydrocortisone cream) its a anti-itch. but not for sure if you can or not... sorry im not much help
    twistedcandy

Answer by twistedcandy at 8:47 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Pharmacists won't recommend anything at ALL to a pregnant woman except tylenol. Its pretty much their policy, bc they don't know what kind of complications your pregnancy might come with. However, I used Tinactin while I was pregnant per doctor's orders. You can try baby powder or Gold Bond for the itching. Also, you will want to change all of your and DH's socks bc they can carry the infection and cause it to be worse. Bleach them if nothing else overnight. Good luck and I hope the itching gets better!
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 8:49 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• thank you guys
    samantha21385

Answer by samantha21385 at 9:38 AM on Jul. 28, 2009