Who is the downfall of the republican party?

Too many conservative senators like Jim DeMint (R-S.C.) and Tom Coburn (R-Okla.) are to blame for the GOP's downfall, one of their retiring Republican colleagues complained Monday.

"We got too many Jim DeMints and Tom Coburns," Voinovich told the Columbus Dispatch. "It's the southerners."

Voinovich, a native Clevelander who retires after the 2010 election, continued after the southern elements of the GOP.

"They get on TV and go 'errrr, errrrr,'" he said. "People hear them and say, 'These people, they're southerners. The party's being taken over by southerners. What they hell they got to do with Ohio?'"

http://briefingroom.thehill.com/2009/07/27/voinovich-slams-demint-and-coburn-for-gop-downfall-blames-the-southerners/

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 8:33 AM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• So he voted AGAINST a bill written by a NORTHERNER and blames the downfall of the party on southerners. Sounds like he is an idiot. The reason the reps got spanked is for spending like dems.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:53 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• They all spent too much during the Bush years. They are trying to redeem themselves, but I think it will take a third party breathing down their necks before they remember TRUE fiscally conservative values prevail.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:01 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

He voted against something he didn't believe in that has nothing to do with the downfall of his party unless your saying you should always vote with your party even when they are wrong (we saw that for 6 years) The spending hit pubs HARD, but the nails in the coffin are all th evocal idiots that have seemed to come out of the wood work acting a FOOL!

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:04 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

Maybe they should get on Ron Paul's boat....

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:05 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I have said it before Ron Paul was my biggest regret of the 2008 election. I regret not seriously considering him this time.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:28 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• have said it before Ron Paul was my biggest regret of the 2008 election. I regret not seriously considering him this time.

Why didn't his own PARTY consider him?

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:30 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• The Michelle Bachmans...really 'nuff said!

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:38 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

Why didn't his own PARTY consider him?

His own party didn't consider him because he didn't have a big enough war chest.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 9:49 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• That the Obamas, much like the Clintons, are mobsters and are surrounded by lots of potential criminals.
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 9:50 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• That's pretty funny, considering Tom Coburn is from smack dab in the middle of the US, not the South.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:28 AM on Jul. 28, 2009