How would you feel if your stepdaughter molester younger siblings and other younger children

My step daughter 3 years ago molested her cousin(5 at the time), her 1/2 sister(2 at the time) a friend(9 at the time) and did some of those same thigns with a girl her age and tried to do those things with another girl her age. At the time my daughter was 6 months old. We have full custoday and I dont' feel the couseling she was required is enough. My daughter's bedroom is right next door to the step daughter's and I do keep a baby monitor on her room, but because of this sllep like crap every night. The stepdaughter grosses me out. I do not want her to tell my now 3 y/o that she loves her or looks pretty or even holds her hand or is close to her. Please help...this is killing my marriage, which I am ready to let it happen for my health and the safety of my daughter.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:41 AM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• If I was in your shoes she would not be in my house period If I felt that uncomfortable with her being there around my other kids.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 9:04 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Forget the monitor and put an alarm on her bedroom door. You can sleep thru monitors if things are kept quit but alarms are really noisy!

Also, regardless of what counseling she has went thru I would never leave her alone with young children. I realize that she may change but it would be very difficult to trust her ever again.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 9:44 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• How old is the sister? No, knowing her background i would not let her alone with my child. I think she sounds as if she may need more regular counseling. Is it possible to try a boarding school or other living arrangements? I would also keep a close eye on other family members around her- it sounds as if she learned this behavior from somewhere so she might not be the only problem. Good luck, and I hope everything works out.
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 9:47 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Not enough information......1) how old is the step-daughter 2) was she molested and thought that was an okay way to show love? and 3) what does the therapist say about her likelihood to molest again?
    Anonymous

• Why would you keep her in your house? seriously, your kids should come before anyone, and even if it means your husband leaved with her! think about your poor kids
    Anonymous

• Either get out of that house or get them out. If your husband thinks you should let your younger child live right next to her, he is unplugged from reality. Listen, I have heard this story one too many times. In a year you will be the mother of an abused daughter, why in the world would you let this continue??? Please, save your child, you are her only chance. Close your eyes, run and forget about everything else, you are a mother!
    Anonymous

• Either I would take my kids and leave or she would be gone. She should not be around any other kids without close supervision. She needs serious and intense counseling. You do know that you can be charged with failure to protect or prevent abuse because nothing is being done about the abuse. Sorry but my child comes before anyone else.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:33 PM on Jul. 28, 2009