Why do breastfeeding moms criticize bottle feeding ones? (tired of all of you!)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:52 AM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It's every mom's choice about what they feel is best!
    I breastfed for 6 weeks. My son was a biter - I was bleeding the day after he was born and I developed a yeast infection then mastitis. I never "filled up," hardly ever. THEN, it turns out my colic kiddo has to take hypoallergenic formula - lactose, soy intolerant and has GERD! I tell anyone who gives me flak about breastfeeding to google mastitis ;-)
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 10:34 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Starfire you did this yesterday. Pack it up!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:57 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I breastfed all 4 of my children, I'm a HUGE advocate for breastfeeding, yet I don't feel like I have ever criticized a bottle feeding mom.

Answer by missanc at 9:01 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I never have.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 9:15 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• i know what you mean...some moms find it easier to breast feed while others have to work adnd dont have time to pump or cant afford a pump....or it just plain hurts them....they dont like...i know breast is best...whatever but you dont know the circumstances for the mom who wants to breast feed
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 9:23 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• or bottle feed...everyone is entitled to what they want to do....
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 9:24 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I bottle feed my 6 month old. I know how it is, everyone has an opinon about not breast feeding. I even had a gay male coworker put his word in on it. Please! Formula isn't that far from breast milk any more. It keeps getting better every year but it is very expensive. Breast feeding isn't for everyone including me. My daughter is bottle fed and doing very well
    msfila1980

Answer by msfila1980 at 9:26 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I had this problem when M was a new born. I actually had strangers tell me that breast milk was best and the only reason I didn't was because I was to lazy. Uhhh no I couldn't have if I had even wanted to. She's my granddaughter. There's lots of reasons why women don't breast feed and it's their personal choice.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 9:36 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• because we're better nyah nyah nyah nyah!

jk i bottle fed too, but unlike baconbits up there it was because i was lazy. yeah i'll admit it.
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 9:43 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• No matter how you choose to feed your child your going to have someone tell you its not the right way. I breastfed and was told that I shouldn't. I made it very clear that I wasn't using formula and that I'd BF until my son was 1 but for my baby shower even a few women bought me formula and bottles and when I opened it they smiled and said 'we just thought its what's best, you will change your mind, you don't want to be the only one who can feed him so we wanted to help.' People think BF in public is 'rude' and will start a fuss. So its another case of 'The grass is always greener' Don't listen to people who are giving you problems. You do what you want because its your child.
    landensmommy411

Answer by landensmommy411 at 9:44 AM on Jul. 28, 2009