Is Obama care for you? CNN: 5 freedoms you'd lose in health care reform

http://money.cnn.com/2009/07/24/news/economy/health_care_reform_obama.fortune/index.htm
1. Freedom to choose what's in your plan
2. Freedom to be rewarded for healthy living, or pay your real costs
3. Freedom to choose high-deductible coverage
4. Freedom to keep your existing plan
5. Freedom to choose your doctors

"In short, the Obama platform would mandate extremely full, expensive, and highly subsidized coverage -- including a lot of benefits people would never pay for with their own money -- but deliver it through a highly restrictive, HMO-style plan that will determine what care and tests you can and can't have. It's a revolution, all right, but in the wrong direction."

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:00 AM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Evene cnn is waking up to the reality of it.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:05 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Its not for me. I am just praying that nothing changes in my private healthcare. Personally I do agree that all people should have access to affordable healthcare, but I still think they should pay for it. If families could get something like what I get, I think that would be fair. I pay $250 a month for medical, dental and vision for SIX people. Thats cheap. I think that if you create thisU healthcare, then people will recieve mediocre care and I personally think that as human beings, we deserve to be treated better. There will be doctors who wont accept it. They will only accept private insurance patients. We will see more of that. Its all just crazy and its not what we need. Im not saying we dont need some level of reform, but this is not it.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:10 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I don't know what the answer is. But I can tell you I work 4 days A MONTH and go to school, and I can't get any kind of help for healthcare because I make too much money. I am working a little more during the school year, but I will be making a total of 800 for the semester (Aug-Dec). There is NOTHING for people like me who fall between the cracks. What are we supposed to do? I could quit working altogether so I could qualify for Medicaid, but then how do I pay the co-pay for my dd's daycare (which she HAS to go to, regardless of if I'm working, or she can't go during the school year). Is anyone else seeing how screwed up this system is???
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:16 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Obama's plan is stupid, he should model it after the European system if he's going to do it at all.
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 9:34 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Cnn, eh? Good for them!
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:52 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• From CNN? Well it is about time.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 10:06 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• anyone with an HMO doesnt have these freedoms!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Mama2Joshy

Answer by Mama2Joshy at 10:18 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Its posted on CNN money, but the guy writes for Fortune 500 magazine along with a few blogs.

Anywho, I take issue with the fact that he lobs all these accusations about what the bill does, but makes no references to any pages, sections or paragraphs. He also claims at the end to be coming out with his own "proposal". It sounds like agenda pushing to me.

SRiveroC

Answer by SRiveroC at 10:25 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Srivero--- the bill is more than 1000 pgs. Even BO hasn't read the whole thing. Of course he can't site any pages or sections or paragraphs... The GREAT ORACLE himself can't even tell you exactly what's in the plan...

But BRAVO to CNN for FINALLY seeing the light!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Anon :30 then hows can he make such assertions having not read the bill?

SRiveroC

Answer by SRiveroC at 10:43 AM on Jul. 28, 2009