Broken bones, and bath time

So my 16 month old daughter fractered her wrist, and now has a splint on it. We actually have to go to the bone doc tomorrow so she might get a cast.

My question is how should I give her a bath?? I can't get it wet at all, but you guys know how kids are with water. Everytime the water starts running she loves to touch it and play. If anyone has any tips, or advice how to make it a little easier that would be GREAT since she is going to have this on for THREE weeks. Thanks a lot!!

Trishy7

Asked by Trishy7 at 9:09 AM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If you decide on a sponge bath, washing her hair should be no problem. Make sure you have everything (shampoo, conditioner, and towel) ready before you wash her hair. Have your dd lay down on the kitchen counter with her head hanging over the sink. Be sure to support her head as much as possible while washing the shampoo and conditioner out.

When my ds broke his arm, I put a plastic bag over the cast to keep it dry. I had him rest his broken arm on the rim of the tub.

I have used both ways to keep my child clean.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 2:20 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• wrap a trash bad around it, that way water can't get to it... Or maybe you could just sponge bathe her, but then I don't know how you'd wash her hair...
    momma_marian

Answer by momma_marian at 9:30 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Wrap a trash bag over it and no play time. Put her in the middle of the big tub and use a hand-held shower head to wet her, then soap her up, then rinse her off...then out.

Three weeks of not playing won't hurt her...my son spent 6 weeks in a cast on his leg.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 10:14 AM on Jul. 28, 2009