11 month old

Has a runny nose and a slight fever any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:10 AM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If the fever is 100.4 or higher take him to the doctor. If not, you can give her infant tylenol. You can use saline nose spray. The only problem with that is he may not sit still for it. When daughter had a cold, I couldn't go anywhere near her nose probably because it was so sensitive. I also propped her head up a bit when she was sleeping because she was so congested.
    msfila1980

Answer by msfila1980 at 9:18 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• You really don't need to do anything. A fever in a baby this age is much higher than 100.4 like the pp suggested... they can have low grade fevers and runny noses just from teething.
    I would treat symptoms at home... Tylenol if your baby is very fussy, otherwise just keep an eye on it. I wouldn't worry about any fever under 104 unless it lasted more than 3 days or wouldn't come down after giving both Tylenol and Motrin.
    For the stuffy nose use a humidifier in the bed room and suck out the nose if it's very congested.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 10:21 AM on Jul. 28, 2009