tips to help sit up?

I have an 18 week old. And I am thinkin around about now is the time he may start to sit up or soon. Are there any tips on working the muscles needed to help them sit up? thanks

c2customs

Asked by c2customs at 9:19 AM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have a 16 wk old and I put her in a bumbo chair... the back is high enough that it supports them and the tray in front helps! I also hold her upright a lot, and when I have her sitting on the floor, I spread her legs wide for balance! Hope that helps!
    babyruby02

Answer by babyruby02 at 9:46 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Tummy time, tummy time, tummy time.

Is it normal for them to sit up at this age? No. He'll sit when his muscles are ready and strong enough.

Mine sat alone by 4 months. I was told that was very early. They slept on their tummies and liked spending most of their time on their tummies....
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 10:12 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Bumbo seat! They're also great when starting solids.
    My son had no interest in sitting up... haha.. he liked to roll everywhere, but sat up around 6 mos.
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 10:24 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• All 5 of mine were sitting on their own at 6 months or so...it is a bit soon to be thinking he is ready.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Some can sit up that early, but I think 5-7 months is more the norm.
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 12:48 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• get a hold of me later i'll tell you a cool trick to help. it is a lil early but never to early to work with him. bumbo's are pointless waste of money! IMO!
    bigtrucksgirl

Answer by bigtrucksgirl at 3:18 PM on Jul. 29, 2009