Have you experienced similar cramping?

I just found out last week that I am about 4 weeks pregnant (we are very excited)! Before I went to the doc, I experienced dull menstrual-like cramping. The doc said this was normal "growing" pains and not to be concerned unless it was accompanied by blood. I've continued to have them off and on but last night, I noticed that though they feel about the same, they are only on one side. Did anyone experience anything similar? I'm going to call my doctor later this afternoon because I'm traveling right now . . .

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:34 AM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yes- I had mild to hard cramping until I was about 13 weeks! BUT def talk to your dr. EVERY pregnancy is different- just because it was okay for someone on cafemom does not mean you shouldn't check- BUT the good news is- I am now past 30 weeks :) Hang in there- I think pregnancy paranoia is a common pregnancy symptom (at least it was for me)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:40 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Yes, I had that around the same time. At five weeks I went to the ER. I called my doctor and I wouldn't have made it to the office before they closed so they told me to go to the ER. Turns out I had a cyst on my ovaries on the side where the pain was. No big deal. They said it was very normal to get a cyst on the side that the egg was released from. I guess sometimes they then can hurt when they burst but mine was gone by my 20 week ultrasound and I hadn't felt anything.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I wouldn't worry about unless you're really worried. Cramping is totally normal! Unless accompanied by blood. I had cramping my whole pregnancy, but my was acid refulx and I do mean horrible, at times I couldn't move. but I'm sure you're fine! GL & GB
    rebel07

Answer by rebel07 at 11:01 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• If there is any blodd they might do an ultrasound just to make sure everything's okay and do blood tests for a few days to see if hormone levels are going up or down.. I know, I've had some hard ones. Most docs suggest not telling anyone until after you see a heartbeat and some even wait until the 3rd month is over. ANd you're lucky they'r seeing you this early. Most prescribe prenatals and don't accept patients until the 3rd month.
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 12:20 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• The day I was supposed to start my period (so I was 4 weeks pregnant), I had a good bit of period-type cramping, which was really weird for me because I never get cramps. I was also told it's normal, and it's called normal in all the pregnancy books, just as long as there's no period-like bleeding like your doc said, and as long as it's not really horrible pain. I even spotted through the first trimester. But I had a healthy full-term pregnancy, and have a healthy baby girl to show for it. :-)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 12:55 PM on Jul. 28, 2009