my 10 yr old....

i think my daughter is getting paranoid.the kids down the street wont play with her any more i dont know why?my neighbor is like speed racer in and out of the house so fast i dont even see them.any way my daughter hasnt played with her kids.her other bff ,her mother wont let her play with my daughter cause she is not aggressive enough.i said to her last night why dont you get your bike and ride down the street,no i am to afraid.so then we go to her favorite thing.swimming lessons.she doesnt like the girls cause she says they are looking at her.WHAT?i got her some cute things for going back to school but as you know thats not going to help?what do i do???i nedd to to do something before school.

nana77500

Asked by nana77500 at 9:44 AM on Jul. 28, 2009 in

• I see on your profile that she has special needs......what are they
    could that be the issue??
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 9:58 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• kids can be so cruel. My dd (7) seems to be more sensitive and more emotionally mature. She doesn't understand that kids sometimes just do stuff, she internalizes it and thinks they were trying to hurt her feelings and things like that. Work on self esteem as much as you can. I wish I could give you more advice, but Im going tthru the same thing. I try to spend as much tiem with my dd as possible so if she doesnt have someone to play with she will always have me. Give your daughter a safe private area to practice things. Go to grandmas and practice with the bike so she can ride with confidence in your nieghborhood.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 10:01 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Take her skating or to the movies but at the same time let her know she can not assume people don't like her,  You might go ahead and mention to her that she is just as pretty as everyone else and she has the same right to be where she wants to be when she wants.

Now the kids down the street don't worry about it let her make her own friends from school and go from there maybe take one of them to one of the activities mentioned above. Always lift her spirits up take her with you to get your nails done or hair just something to make her feel really special and do alot of hugging and kissing too. :) That always seems to help and work. GL

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 10:04 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• ya with her special needs its just reading but i think she cant formulate her words sometimes thats why she comes off as being quiet...she does well at riding her bike.she does seem imature for her age.i can tell she is not up to speed with the other girls, but the girls down the street are much younger than her thats why she used to play with them.ive got her in all sorts of activities but....
    nana77500

Answer by nana77500 at 10:07 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• You need to relax. She is changing and you just have to wait and see what she becomes. I went through the same thing with my DD she has now be come very popular and outgoing. I had her in soccer, dance, and girl scouts. now she is just in girl scouts that's all she wants to do. She is 12 now and I am trying to get her to try some sports. Just take your time with her she will figure it out not you. Good luck!!! :D

BLACKBUTTERFLY1

Answer by BLACKBUTTERFLY1 at 5:02 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

Next question in
First-Timer

Next question overall (Trying to Conceive)
am i having a miscarriage? tmi