Should I be worried that I'm really sick?

I've been having trouble swallowing, sore throats for 4 months, and now a heartburn-like feeling in my throat. I went to the dr when the sore throats started and I had a lump that was visible through my neck. I had a CT scan and blood work. The blood work revealed Epsten Barr and the CT scan showed an 8mm hypodense lesion on my thyroid. (The lump that I had originally went away with antibiotics) My lymphnodes, pharynx, etc are all ok. I'm increasingly tired even after getting a full nights sleep (been trying to take better care of myself) and now the sore throats are effecting my voice, it sounds scratchy at times. I don't know if this is connected but I had a tympanogram to check the pressure in my ear and my ear drum is 'floppy'. I'm going to the ENT on August 13th but I'll admit I'm kind of worried with the way I've been feeling that something is really wrong...would you be worried?

dharmas_mommy

Asked by dharmas_mommy at 10:06 AM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Health

• Yes, it is natural to be worried. It's a shame you have to wait that long for an appointment. On the plus side, you are aware of the problem and have been taking the actions that you need to to get it fixed. Best of luck to you. Would you please do a follow up in August and let us know how you are?

Answer by Bmat at 10:12 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Oh I will definatly update =) It's not the drs office that's making me wait, it's getting time off from work and the fact that I HATE taking days off and already had the 13th off. I may see if I can go earlier
    dharmas_mommy

Answer by dharmas_mommy at 10:21 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Ok this is an update because this question has been locked. THe ENT I went to said it was acid reflux. He was a total jerk and threw me out of the office while I was telling him I was allergic to the medicine he prescribed.
    Turns out the "acid reflux" was a bad diagnosis. I STILL have mono 6 months later. Thanks doc.
    dharmas_mommy

Answer by dharmas_mommy at 8:53 AM on Aug. 17, 2009