Why can't there be aliens?

I mean really. No matter how you believe we got here , evolution, creation, or a mix of both (my opinion), why is it so inconceivable that their is life on another planet in another galaxy?
I personally believe that there is life on other planets. I can't understand how we can be the only life in the entire expanse of space. It doesn't make sense to me. So, please, help me understand this thinking.
-Ashley

spiritguide_23

Asked by spiritguide_23 at 10:09 AM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I'm in your corner. It's totally inconceivable to me that we are the only planet that contains some form of life. I'm guessing it's a superiority thing.
    krisr169

Answer by krisr169 at 10:10 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Doesn't the bible say God chose us. So...if adam and eve were the frist people who else is it refering to?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:15 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• But why did he chose us? Who was there to chose for, anon. If we were the only planet with life he had ever created, there would be no other options. We would have to be the favorites because there is no other choice. And, if that's the case, I really hope he's happy with how it'a all turned out.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 10:18 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I think it's arrogant to assume that we're the ONLY lifeforms in this entire huge universe. The universe is so vast, so humongous, that our piddly little human brains can't even begin to imagine what's out there. To think that we're the only ones here is absurd, forget about just intelligent life.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:19 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• there HAS to be.
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 10:24 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I AM from another Planet and so I can tell you THERE ARE ALIENS.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 10:26 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I used to live on another planet in a past life so we exist. We plan to destroy the planet in 2012 if you can't get your act together. The experiment is almost complete. (Mwahahahahaha....)
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 11:25 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Ok seriously though I think there probably are aliens. It's a lot of wasted space if there aren't any. But you know how I am, give me some hard evidence then we'll talk.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 11:27 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• It makes no sense that we are it... If you believe in evolution you have to admit that it would have happened before us and will after us. If you believe in a creator you have to believe that he wouldn't have created other solar systems for nothing. Everything in creation has a place - right? So, shouldn't they as well? Either way, it only make sence that there are other life forms on other planets.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:50 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Im with you, I do believe there is life on other planets.
    Makes no sense that we'd be the sole beings in this vast universe.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 12:54 PM on Jul. 28, 2009