how long does it take to lose your mucus plug

usurfn2

Asked by usurfn2 at 7:59 PM on Jun. 22, 2008 in Pregnancy

• With my son I lost it at 35-36 weeks. It happened first thing in the am. I right away called into work, thought I would be popping a kid out soon. Not the case I went all the way to 38 weeks.
    Masonsmom407

Answer by Masonsmom407 at 8:01 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• I lost my mucus plug when I was 40w3d along and I finally had her the following day. Pretty much my mucus plug started my contractions and dilation.
    Babyduche

Answer by Babyduche at 8:12 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• I was at the grocery store, I had to use the restroom and I noticed the mucus, it was approximately 1 week before the labor.
    Lalesca

Answer by Lalesca at 8:26 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• Mine was more of just a discharge so I never really noticed it... doc said it was normal though.
    Tams_jade

Answer by Tams_jade at 8:43 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• I didn't think I had lost mine, because I kept looking for some BIG ordeal.. but apparantly mine came out little by little. I was induced at 39 weeks and 2 days and she said I had no plug.
    lnmauldin7

Answer by lnmauldin7 at 9:25 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• lost mine at 36 1/2 weeks (so about a week ago) and i'm already dialated to a 2
    Ambreelulu

Answer by Ambreelulu at 10:19 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• I started losing mine about 4-5 days before the birth. It can regenerate itself though, so it might not mean anything is happening.
    MommytoNakoa

Answer by MommytoNakoa at 10:31 PM on Jun. 22, 2008