How can I feel productive like I used to be?

I feel like I am the laziest person because I am not working. I know some people it is awesome for them to stay home but for me I am used to working 160 hours every two weeks and now I dont work at all. I dont have a car to get anywhere and I really dont have anyone to take me. Is there any way that I can feel like myself besides doing all the housework. ( I give props to women that can stay home! It is just not me) I also get bored so easily. Does anyone have anything that could help? I literally have no money and I am going to be a single mom and I really dont want to depend on my dad but he wants me to take a year off for the living hell that I have gone through with this pregnancy.

crazypinkzebra

Asked by crazypinkzebra at 10:18 AM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Money & Work

• Hmm. Well I clean when I start feeling like I'm being lazy. Or sometimes I'll take my son outside and play with him (he loves outside), or I'll attempt to cook something new for dinner. Think of it this way. Since you are a stay at home, your job is a 24/7 thing. As long as your baby is healthy and cared for your doing great. But, I know what it's like to feel unproductive.
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 10:36 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Maybe get a hobby you can throw yourself into like photography or sewing.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 10:47 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Isn't there public transit where you live?
    You can get a used bike and baby seat on freecycle or craigslist or at a garage sale
    you can get a baby backpack and talk long walks

Answer by rkoloms at 10:56 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Maybe you can get some ideas of things to do here:

m-avi

I have a started another work at home article series on eHow.  They contain excellent ideas, resources and information.  You can check what I have so far here in my Journal here at Cafemom: 

Work at Home Series

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:17 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Have you thought of writing? This is something you can do to feel productive and rest...or at least stay sedentary...while you recuperate. You seem to have a grasp on grammar and you express yourself clearly. Perhaps you could write about the "living hell" you went through while pregnant for a blog or web site. If you do some research, you may find a way to make money at it - At the very least you could help and inform other moms to be.

FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 12:33 PM on Jul. 28, 2009