Do you like company?

I don't. and I don't know why yes I'll have company over but I'd rather not. IDK!!!

I have relatives that call me and I call them back but at the same time they're like yeah we are planning to go and visit you guys, I am like oh yeah sure come on over, but deep inside I am like No please don't. Why am I this way????

So now that they call I either let the machine answer it or I do not return the call in case they are wanting to come over...I know it is bad so bad but I can not help it.

Tell me what you think...Thanks Ladies....Iam weird I know :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• I don't think you are weird! I like my privacy and safe haven too- BUT for me personally the only time I get irritable when people say they are coming over is if my house isn't perfect :) I am a bit obssesive- so if there is ANYthing out of place and someone announces that they are coming over- I turn instagrouch :)
    I also do NOT like the POP IN at all!!!!!! My in-laws are notorious for this- UGH

BUT the "therapy" I have done to overcome- is I invite people over once a week for dinner- even something easy and small like tacos- that way I am in control of who is coming and when- it has helped!
    Good luck- but you are NOT alone!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:26 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• My DH and I are a bit on the hermit side- neither of us likes having company over that much. We'd prefer to be alone in our house and relax. I can't ever relax around a large or even semi-large group of people. Sometimes we will have grill outs, but that's about it!
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 11:15 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• You aren't alone at all.. I would it rather be just me and the kids and Hubby... I guess because I have a routine and when other people are here it messes up my day and my house,lol... I'm a social person to an extent. What really bothers me is that my Husband is Mr social and gets us invited over to BBQ's, etc all the time and I just don't like hanging out with people I don't know... I never used to be like this until after I had kids... He say's I have become a homebody, not sure if that's a bad or good thing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I'm exactly like this and i wonder why I don have any friends! lol...I've always been like this ask my mom.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 11:34 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I love company. There are always people in my home. Especially now that it's summer. And I don't require a phone call first. Just come. If we are home come on in. If not, see you next time. Or drop your things in the yard and walk down to the beach. That's where you'll usually find us.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 11:51 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I can relate. I LOVE to be around people and I don't mind people over. The downside is my house is small and I don't have alot of room. I also worry about the house being clean-- I know good friends and family really could care less if there are some toys on the floor, or breakfast dishes in the sink-- but I feel bad when my house is not what I would consider 'company clean'.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:21 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• OMG!!! ME TOO!!!!!! LOL! Omg I am the same friggin way! I thought >I< was weird! I always thought, hmm maybe im just not a people person. I mean they come over but I dont like them to. Lol. IM THE SAME!!! I like my space. Not to be confused with MySpace. I just like my walls where they are. Ill come out when I have to and then right back in my place. My nice warm comfort zone. :) I love it. Haha
    evilive

Answer by evilive at 12:22 PM on Jul. 28, 2009