Does your church have a cry room?

Ours doesn't and I don't like to take the babies because they start to cry.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:28 AM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes, they do. It has soundproof glass and has pews across from the room.It is odd when you see it for the first time.
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 10:30 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• The church I used to go to did, but the one now doesnt. We can take the babies to the nursery and they have a speaker in there so you can hear whats going on. My youngest is 3 and he sstays in his class...FINALLY!...LOL...so no more crying babies for me...yay!
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 10:34 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• No it doesn't. Nobody really seems to mind if the little ones are making noise during Mass. Our Priest has stopped before and said during Mass that he doesn't mind the noise or made a joke about "having days like that sometimes too." Some of the older ladies have also made comments about the babies "making a joyous noise unto the Lord" as well. So it's not a big deal. If my youngest is REALLY bad I'll get up and walk with her or I will take her in the back until she calms down though, I don't want anybody else to miss what's being said.
    whittear

Answer by whittear at 11:48 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• We have a nursery and a large lobby with monitors to watch the service and very comfy couches. So they have several options if the baby starts to cry.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 12:32 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• We have a small church but we have a nursery; a preschoolers room...all the way up to high school. All with volunteers to watch the children and teach them; sing songs and do games and activities. Of course the parents can decide to bring the children into service, but I guess in our church it is just an unsaid agreement that if a child is being loud to take them out. A parent can drop them off in the room and rejoin service. I'm so thankful that they have this!!
    LaceyAM

Answer by LaceyAM at 4:34 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Our library is set up that way, but it isn't used very often. Most people drop their babies in nursery which is in a separate building.

We have a nice system to contact parents. Each child in nursery below 2 is given a number, it's usually penned on the diaper bag. The parents get the other one. When baby is too fussy or if something happens that the nursery ladies can't handle they go over to the machine punch in the number and it lights up on two signs behind the pulpit on each side of the sanctuary.

teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 12:39 AM on Jul. 29, 2009