Have any of you gotten pregnant right after?

I just had a miscarriage. My hubby wants to try without having a cycle in between and i was wondring if you even ovulate after a miscarriage and are you more fertile. More info the miscarriage was a chemical pregnancy and my levels went back down to negative in less than a week.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:29 AM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I had a miscarriagae in 2005. It was my second pregnancy. We found out on April 5th and I lost that baby on May 3rd. I was 8 weeks pregnant but the ultrasound showed the baby only grew to 5 weeks and 3 days. One of the hardest things I have ever been through in my life....

My doctor advised me to have three normal cycles and then we could try again. That didn't happen. I got pregnant 2 weeks after I lost the baby. Not on purpose, mind you, it just sort of happened. I was so very worried for the little baby because I didn't have the three periods.

I worried for nothing because that baby is a happy and healthy 3 1/2 year old little boy named Grant. I am definitley not telling you to get pregnant again soon like I did. I would follow doctor's orders and wait the three months. Your question was about ovulation and fertility after a miscarriage...it can happen, happened to me. Just wanted to share my story with you. :)
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 11:01 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• When I miscarried in 2002, the dr said it was very likely that I would get pregnant again very soon and if we chose, to start trying immediately. But when I lost my baby, I was 11 weeks, they did the u/s & discovered that the baby hadn't grown beyond 6 weeks... so I carried him another 5 weeks before we even knew - my heart tore out of my body!

We decided to wait - and I am glad we did. We now have a Healthy. happy 2 year old son - and he is the light of my life!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 12:30 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• that happened to me, i miscarried and got pregnant immediately after so I never had a period after the miscarriage, unfortunately for me i lost that baby at 5 months, but that was me, it could be different for anyone else, you should give your body at least a couple months to recover
    sylvia-ann

Answer by sylvia-ann at 3:50 PM on Jul. 28, 2009