My baby is 5 weeks old and she was eating 4 ounces of formula at each feeding. However, now she seems to be spitting it all up about once every 2 days. Why do you think that is? Is 4 ounces too much? Is she too gassy? Is it the formula? Any advice you give me would be greatly appreciated. Someone recommended that I try putting gas droplets in her mouth after the feeding, does anyone do this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:37 AM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It sounds normal, you might try burping her more often and see if that helps. Don't worry babies go through so many changes with eating.
    BusyBeesmom

Answer by BusyBeesmom at 10:42 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• After 5 babies, I have experienced alot of troubles. Burping will help. With my third baby, she actually had to burp 2x's occassionally (whatta pain in the fanny). My fourth, We ended up using some simathacon drops-wonderful stuff!
    auntj

Answer by auntj at 11:02 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Breastfeed
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Way too go "breastfeed" mom...really helpful! With moms like you who needs enemies?

This sounds fine too me. Once every two days is good. Babies spit up. If she is not in any kind of discomfort, gassy etc I would just make sure you are burping her well and have a spit up cloth handy. At 5 weeks 4 0z is fine. She will take what she needs.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:45 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• nice Anonymous answer to "breastfeed". there is a reason people like that leave comments "anonymously"
    NewMomKelly

Answer by NewMomKelly at 11:55 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Try burping more often, like a PP said. And try not to worry too much, once every other day isn't bad at all. My son did it at least once a day (and wanted to fill the void again right after he spit up, lol), but he's grown just fine, no problems at all. It's normal. :-)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 12:58 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• what kind of formula is she on?
    iloveitalready

Answer by iloveitalready at 4:15 PM on Jul. 28, 2009