why can't I insist on my religious beliefs being upheld in my home?

I have made the choice my children are not allowed to bring any same sex couples in my house. There can be gay people in my house but as long as they are on my property there will be no PDA between same sex couples. It is my house and I resent being told I have to allow sin in my house. Should I just move up a notch and say any known homosexuals are not allowed in my house until my rules can be followed?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• It's your house - act like it! Your children live there, but they do not pay the rent there. As long as you pay to keep the roof over your heads, they have no say one way or the other.

wildflowergal

Answer by wildflowergal at 7:18 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• No! I think you should stand your ground and if those ppl don't want to follow your rules then they are no longer welcome either. and until they can follow them they are to stay out. Don't bend!!
    lovemybaby283

Answer by lovemybaby283 at 10:43 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Can't you include PDA between ALL couples not being allowed? Perhaps then the rule would be followed because they would see that all are being treated equally.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 10:56 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I don't think PDA between all couples is a sin. I have no problem with my son bringing his g/f into the house and hugging or even giving her a small kiss. Anything more should be done when I am not around, but no I am not going to include PDA for all couples because I don't think PDA for all couples is a sin. Just same sex couples. Nobody said they have to come in my house, but if they want to I don't see why I can't enforce my rules.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• That's what I was going to say, IhartU. All PDA should be out, especially since unmarried relations are often considered a sin as well. If you're going to stand on one principle, you should stand on them all, and not enforce one over another.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 11:06 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I agree with IhartU. Ban PDA from all couples in your house. If it's your children, or their friends, then there should be none of that regardless of the type of relationship they are in. You have the right to allow or disallow anything you wish in your own home.
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 11:07 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• "I don't think PDA between all couples is a sin. I have no problem with my son bringing his g/f into the house and hugging or even giving her a small kiss. Anything more should be done when I am not around, but no I am not going to include PDA for all couples because I don't think PDA for all couples is a sin. Just same sex couples. Nobody said they have to come in my house, but if they want to I don't see why I can't enforce my rules."

Then you may as well ban all homosexuals from your house period. And be careful with the PDA between your children and their b/f or g/f because that could lead to pre-marital sex....which is also a sin. In my house there will be no kissing between my children and their "friends" regardless of the sex or relationship.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Its your house, and your rules. However, if you don't make either a blanket rule for all (no PDA allowed at all) or look the other way, you may end up having to choose between your child and your beliefs. It may be more diplomatic in the end to just make a rule for all couples, than to risk losing contact with your child when they are adults.
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 11:10 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I have no problem with PDA of same sex couples. If the rest of you think PDA between all couples is a sin then don't allow it in your house. Homosexual activity is a sin and will not be allowed in my house but I see by the responses I should just got one step further and not allow anyone who follows the gay life style in my house.

thanks for the advice ladies!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• choose between your child and your beliefs.
    ___
    my child isn't gay.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:12 AM on Jul. 28, 2009