Do you think that they know what they are talking about?? Jennifer Lopez & Salma Hayek

Jennifer is the pitchwoman for the pertussis vaccine
Hayek is the pitchwoman for the tetanus vaccine

Jennifer Lopez is asking for adults to get the "boosters" too.

Do you think they really feel they can make a change or they are just celebrities who for $$$$ they would do anything?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I think they probably genuinely care about their own children and want to get the word out. They have the platform from their fame to reach more people. I know personally that I don't really listen to what celebrities say, simply because I can formulate my own opinion based on the needs of my child.

2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 11:10 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• They are PITCHWOMEN!!! They were paid to lend their celebrity status to a cause. I NEVER trust what celebrities say or endorse--their motive is strictly money, whereas my motive is the health and well-being of my children!

I prefer to ask medical professionals and compare what I have been told against solid medical clinical trials and outcomes!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:50 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Are you sure they were paid? I suppose you shouldn't trust Jenny McCarthy or Jim Carrey because they're organization makes money?
    MotherofIreland

Answer by MotherofIreland at 10:54 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I get the booster for tetanus. I saw first hand a lockjaw case.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 10:54 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I don't believe Jenny McCarthy at all! She clains she "cured" her son of Autism with aromatherapy and crystals?!?!?!?

I have two children with autism--you CANNOT "cure" autism with aromatherapy, crystals and topical ointments--it is a GENETIC, neurological condition--you can only manage it and maximize their development. Jenny McCarthy's son is likely PDD-NOS or has Aspberger's (high-functioning), and like my children, as they have matured their social skills and language development is almost on par with that of their peers--still a long way to go--but we're catching up--without assuming we've "cured" them!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 11:10 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• i'm sure money had something to do with it.. maybe they believe in these causes, but they are probably getting paid $$$$$$ for it..
    Ms.ElevenTwenty

Answer by Ms.ElevenTwenty at 11:39 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• i hate Jenny McCarthy with a passion... i would like to hear her beliefs on how to cure ADD and Dyslexia, because all this reading backwards and my inability to sit still is really wreaking havoc on my social life..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I'd much rather listen to a medical professional rather than a celebrity who has no medical experience.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 12:07 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• "I suppose you shouldn't trust Jenny McCarthy or Jim Carrey because they're organization makes money? "

Hahahaha! Jenny McCarthy is an actress turned advocate who has made autism a joke. Everything she claims goes against medical science to such a degree that she has put autism research back 10 years.

mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 12:09 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

I have some REAL helpful suggestions for the ADD if you want to email me.

I don't like Jenny McCarthy either.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 12:25 PM on Jul. 28, 2009