Are you anonymous when praying for others?

if you pray for someone do you feel the need to attach your name if the prayers are answered? Lets say you pray for your grand kid to pass his driving test. Once he passes do you feel the need to say you only passed because i prayed? Are you able to pray for others without letting them know you prayed for them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I do usually tend to let people know when I'm praying for them. However, I never take "credit" for answered prayers, like saying "you only got better b/c I prayed for you". That is glorifying yourself rather than glorifying God. I just believe that when someone needs prayer, letting them know that someone is praying for them and lifting them up can provide strength for that person along with helping their faith. At the same time there are those that I pray for on a daily basis that have no clue that prayers are going up for them.
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 10:59 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I don't think it really matters either way. I think it is a blessing to know when people are praying for me. It shows that they love me. Sometimes I tell people I am praying and sometimes I don't. For example, I fasted and prayed for a girl I know at church who was trying to get pregnant. They had tried for years. Anyways, they just delivered triplets last week : ) I didn't tell her I fasted and prayed for her because we are not that close. But it is cool to be part of that.

The only thing to be careful of is trying to take credit for an answered prayer. If God answers the prayer -- HE gets the credit, not me. If we pray for someone it is because God put them on our heart and we were obedient, it is Him allowing us to be part of His work here. It isn't us trying to manipulate His will.

My grandma prayed for me every day that I would accept Jesus, I know that now after it worked, LOL.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 2:40 PM on Jul. 28, 2009