Slimfast while breastfeeding?

Not right away, but after the child's first birthday? Safe or not?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:44 AM on Jul. 28, 2009 in General Parenting

• Yup. You need to take in a MINIMUM of 1800 calories a day. Slimfast is loaded with sugar and *I* don't feel it's a healthy way to lose weight. You can do Weight Watchers NOW(given that you've already had the baby). I''m down 30lbs from my highest after she was born.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 11:32 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• That's fine.

After I had my little one I had to take iron pills because I lost so much blood, and they made me so nauseous I had a hard time keeping food down, so I had to drink Ensure to make sure I was still getting the proper caloric intake and nutrients.

Just make sure it's not your only source for nutrition.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 11:02 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I don't think that is the best idea.
    Seriously if you eat right and eat a balanced diet load with fruits and veggies you (and your child) will be much better off.
    Ensure is totally different from slimfast
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 11:05 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• i think it should be fine... she's a year old so its not like your milk is her only source of nutrition- its probably mainly for soothing now, right? i wouldn't worry about it as long as she is eating plenty of other healthy foods too. ... and Slimfast is packed with nutrition anyway.
    annelebar

Answer by annelebar at 12:15 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Read the label...

Answer by rkoloms at 1:34 PM on Jul. 28, 2009