Help! The sleep just wont come lol.

I need some advice on what to do with my kids. My DD starts kindergarten this year and my DS is 4. I have major sleep issues w/ them. I have tried making routines, nt works. They have their own rooms, but my DS will end up in her room. I use to not be able to get them to sleep until sometimes 1am. I really want to make sure my DD gets her sleep for school and gets set on a routine. Right now, I am doing bath @ about 8 then bed. They will stay up and play in the bed until 1030,11. Regardless of how many times I go up there. I cnt keep my DS in his room, and I cnt get them to just go to bed when I say. We wake up at about 7am m-f for me to take them to pre-k and me to work, my DD falls asleep on the way there and her teacher has said she falls asleep in class or gets real cranky, weepy. IDK wat to do, I dnt want her to suffer in school. Any advice pretty pretty please.

Trotterswife

Asked by Trotterswife at 10:52 AM on Jul. 28, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Yes talk with the Doctor
    BUT you may find things change after they start school. School is very tiring. They have to sit and pay attention, play go to gym etc etc school is a very full day.
    I know some parents on here use meletonin but again check with your childrens doctor
    G/L
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 8:25 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Talk with you ped. I had the same problem with my dd. I kept getting told "advice" after "advice", nothing worked, and people assumed I wasn't "Putting my foot down" "wasn't trying hard enough" etc. I KNEW I was. Turns out there was a medical reason behind her insomnia. She was prescribed a medicine to control the medical condition, and her sleep patterns have gotten MUCH better.
    say_tay

Answer by say_tay at 11:05 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• i agree with abouve answer,, talk to your doc. My sister in law was having trouble with her kid falling asleep in class, and she would put them to bed at 7, and she still fell asleep in class come to find out it was her limpnoeds (sorry about spelling).... good luck
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on Jul. 29, 2009