What is your feeding schedule like and what do you feed your 11-month old?

I would like some ideas on finger foods and when you feed your baby and when you give snacks? I'm so lost! =) And what kinds of foods? Do you give vegetables and fruits in the morning only or all throughout the day?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I give my son breakfast around 7 am (when he wakes up). He has a snack around 9 and then he takes an am nap. He gets lunch around 11:30 then a snack around 1 or 2. We have dinner around 5 or 6. He may have a little snack before bed and then bed at 8 pm.

He eats: yogurt, french toast, chopped fruits, or apple sauce in the am. For lunch he has chicken, or lunch meat and chopped up cheeses. For afternoon snack he has gold fish, or crackers and cheese. For dinner he has whatever we are eating which is usually baked chicken, hamburgers, casseroles, pasta, and things like that. If our sides are no good for him I'll microwave a small dish of frozen peas, green beans, or mixed veggies. For night time snacks he has a popsicle or ice cream.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:59 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Right now we are trying to limit the bottle, trying to give the formula and milk in a sippy.
    His breakfast today was raspberries, strawberries, and gerber puffs, formula in his cup and then 4oz from a bottle. He went back to bed.

When he gets up(about 12-ish) I'm going to give him chicken noodle soup. Just regualr campbels but I rinse off the broth and just give the noodles and chicken and a cup of real milk. Maybe some fruit after the soup if he is still hungry.

Play for about an hour then a nap, 1 hour usually.

Dinner will be..... maybe chicken, steak, or just simple beans and weanies (baked beans and cut up hot dogs) and a cup of juice.

7oz bottle before bed and he is usually passed out by 9:30

He gets a cup of water with a splash of juice in it for his drink all day, like while he is playing and gets thirsty.
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 11:06 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• My DD is 9 months but she eats quite a bit of solids(and nurses a ton!). For breakfast(which she wont eat until mid morning) she has Quinoa flakes or rice cereal(not the baby stuff) with coconut milk or pears or sweet potato puree.
    For lunch it's steamed zucchini pieces with ground turkey and pasta, since that's what I'm eating.
    For an afternoon snack if she wants it I'll either hand her a sweet potato cookie or a few grapes that have been peeled and cut up. Maybe some plum. Dinner is pretty much whatever I'm eating, cut small.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 11:25 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• By 9 months, they ate what I ate, when I ate. With mid morning and afternoon snacks.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 12:52 PM on Jul. 28, 2009