Do you wear t-shirts of other beliefs?

I was shopping at my local walmart the other day. A woman was wearing a summer solstice t-shirt. Had I not been on cafemom I doubt I would even know what it meant, but after learning a thing or two on cafemom I assumed she was some sort of pagan. I thought I learned she would be about sending positive energy. Either I was wrong or she was wearing a t-shirt she found at a garage sale.

I smiled and went on towards the check out. She was looking at a clothes rack, but I guess she was afraid she would have to wait 5 extra seconds for me to purchase the 3 items in my basket. There were 2 checkstands with NOBODY in them and one with only one person who was paying. I start to move into checkstand 7 and all of a sudden speedy Gonzales whips up next to me so I have to side step and ended up hitting my daughter. I went to another stand and was finished before her. I wanted to say something but bit my tongue.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Or there is always that chance that although she's pagan, she's just a bitch...

I am not sure about the pagan part, like I said she might have got it at a garagre sale who knows, but the 2nd part, yea I agree with you there.
    Anonymous

• That would be like me expecting a Priest to not be a child molester just because he wears a collar. There are negative jerks in every walk of life- including in religion.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 10:59 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• and this lady was a jerk I will agree with you on that. There were more than enough check out stands. I wanted to run my basket into her daughter to see how she likes it but I just moved over one and figured if she believes in karma maybe a person with a rosary in their car would cut her off in traffic.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Lol! Your second response cracked me up!!! As a christian it really bothers me when a car covered in christian bumper stickers has the rudest person in the drivers seat. If you are going to be a rotten testimony then don't advertise your faith.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 11:09 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• If going to church makes you a Christian, then does going to a garage make you a car???
    Princessofscots

Answer by Princessofscots at 11:11 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• What are you talking about princessofscots? I am not sure anyone was talking about what makes you a true Christian and this post isn't even about Christians.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• No, I don't wear T-shirts about other beliefs lol. I only have three T-shirts and I can't even remember whats on them.

I don't think anyone wants their group as a whole to be judged by what someone does while representing their religion (even in T-shirt form) lol. I know I can't stand being juged by the things some nutty Christians do and say. It makes it that much harder to talk to other people when a wall has already been built up by offense.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 11:42 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Depending on what the shirt looks like - the term "summer solstice" isn't only a pagan thing, either. We had a local radio station who used to use that as an excuse to have a big beer-drinking bash in between Memorial Day and the 4th.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:15 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Having a shirt that says summer solstice could mean a number of things... Many people don't have a clue that it is associated with pagans and so, would wear it just because they like the picture. Others could have got it at a Solstice concert (there are many). Or there is always that chance that although she's pagan, she's just a bitch... Pagans, like Christians, come in all shapes and sizes, have good days and bad, and screw up once in a while...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:39 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I dont have any shirts that denote a religious or spiritual belief.
    I probably wouldnt wear one either although I have seen some that make me giggle and I thought were cool.

Shirts dont necessarily denote beliefs either so I wouldnt have assumed one thing about that lady's spirituality except she was a rude person(not a rude pagan, christian or whatever else I thought she might have been).
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 12:54 PM on Jul. 28, 2009