agh miserable, help please? maybe a little tmi

Okay, I'm 31 weeks pregnant and I am feeling horrible. I am experiencing the worst gas I have ever had in my life. I feel disgusting because it seems like all I can do is burp and pass gas. My stomach constantly feels like it's tied in a knot and I feel like vomiting all the time. I have had terrible diarrhea for about 4 weeks now...it's just horrible. I have had what I believe is BH at least for a few hours every day and sometimes I can't stand straight they hurt so bad. I am so so so tired and just cannot sleep because I'm so uncomfortable.

I know a lot of this may just be normal pregnancy stuff and I'm sorry for complaining but I have just been feeling so bad for so long and I don't know what to do or think. I've told my doctors and they ran a test to see if i had any type of infection, I don't. And they have moved my appointments closer together but haven't said anything to me. Is this all normal? what can i do for it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Granted, you probably have tried to avoid any gas causers(cheese, raw veggies, and legumes are biggies). Try sipping ginger ale or ginger teas. I helped me a lot!
    auntj

Answer by auntj at 11:10 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Crackers! When I was pregnant all I could eat almost was crackers, *sodas give you gas but it helps releave it too. Take a warm bath, read a book, stretch a little. All these things will help, a heating pad. Don't worry, you're almost there!!!! GL & GB
    rebel07

Answer by rebel07 at 11:18 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I'm a walking gas giant since I got pregnant. I can clear a room and scare my husband. Your digestion is going to be off because it is not only slower, but also your organs are pushed out of place. Slow digestion = happy gut bacteria = copious gas. I would try bulking up your stool with more fiber, that should help the diarrhea. And it goes without saying to hydrate hydrate hydrate. And fyi, I get intestinal cramps...it is no longer a 'oh, I need to empty my bowel' ...it is now...instant deep intestinal cramps and a rush to the bathroom to explode. I put it down to my intestines being out of place and doing what they need to do to reroute the...er...exports.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 11:31 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Oh, I wanted to add that I find red raspberry leaf tea extremely soothing. And there are nights that I can't sleep well (I'm alsmost 33 weeks). I take what I can get. Sometimes that means taking a nap on the recliner.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 11:34 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Just be careful what your eating. Maybe you got heart burn try taken tums. It helps me with the feeling like throwing up thing and burping. It feels like stuff comes up my throat when I burp. so gross ya can try that. other I dont know what to tell you but good luck and hope everything gets better.
    Tara04

Answer by Tara04 at 11:44 AM on Jul. 28, 2009