Should Michael Vick be allowed to play football?

Apparently Vick, is going to be able to be making some money again after his jail stint for Dog fighting.
Do you think if you have committed a crime, you should be allowed back into the NFL?

Princessofscots

Asked by Princessofscots at 11:12 AM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• NOT EVER AGAIN--EVEN IN SMALL TOWN STADIUM LEAGUES! He should spend the rest of his days in an animal shelter caring for the animals who are victims of abuses like those he paid for as entertainment. This bastard is the epitome of what is wrong with athletes who feel they are entitled to to what ever they want, when ever they want to whom or whatever they want. He should never profit from the public entertainment venue ever again.
    Would this question be asked of a person convicted of child abuse, completed a prison term (paid his/her debt to society) and applying to work with children? Of course not!
    Anonymous

• No, but in this country all that matters is who has the best football team. It's disgusting.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 11:17 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I personally do not think that he should be allowed to play professional sports. We have gotten away from athletes being examples of good people and citizens. It can be said that the NCAA DI schools are the same way. Allowing an athlete with a 1.5 grade point average to continue to play and represent the school. Being athlete is a privelage, and once you commit a crime I do not think you should be reinstated, no matter how "talented" you are.

2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 11:18 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I agree, we are becoming a society of....if you are in the spotlight, you get a slap on the wrist and no other consequence. Sorry not who I want my kids looking up to.
    Princessofscots

Answer by Princessofscots at 11:26 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• No!! kids learn from watching and they need to see if you do something stupid you do pay for it.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:36 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• He may have been reinstated but he will not get the green light until week 6 of the NFL schedule and as far as I know, there are no teams looking to sign him up right now. Personally, I don't think he should play either but my DH says he's done his time and football is a fans game. I guess it's ok to be a shitbag and still play pro sports these days.
    rotPferd

Answer by rotPferd at 11:52 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Not in the NFL!
    Loryl

Answer by Loryl at 11:52 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I don't think so either. My hubby also reminded me he had served his time AND what the crime was. There are plenty of people that have done little or no time for more serious offenses and still gone on to riches. I think it is kind of sick.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 12:02 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I believe athletes should be good role models and not criminals. So no, I dont think he should be able to go back to the NFL.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 12:06 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Yes.He made a mistake and moved past it,hes a good player.Like most people on sports are something to look up to anyway.Adulturers,illegitamate children,dui's.And their still kept (or let back in the game) why not this guy
    Anonymous