If I just found out that I'm pregnant, is it okay to continue playing softball if I just have a few more games left?

It's a co-ed church league so it's not hard core, I just think I might be prego and didnt know if itd be ok

mdhart03

Asked by mdhart03 at 11:16 AM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yeah ur doc will tell you to continue your regular exercise and activities until u physically cant anymore. I was kickboxing until I was 6 months. I was very very big I had a 9 lb baby and she was born 2 weeks early. Just make sure u know that a ball isnt gonna hit you in the stomach and u dont do any crazy slides to a base or something.
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 11:20 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• the 1st answer is basically what i was gonna say.
    Desi2Sweet

Answer by Desi2Sweet at 11:23 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Generally speaking, unless there's some medical reason not to, you can continue any regular pre-pregnancy activity, and it's recommended that you do so to stay active. You don't want to start anything new without talking to the doc, and you don't want to be playing any contact sports or anything, but running bases is good for you. :-)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 12:50 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• you are all probably correct, but I actually stopped playing when I found out. softball can be safe, but there is contact. my league is a slide league and I play second. i am always getting run into. if you are a catcher and play with a slide rule, i would seriously consider stopping. but in the end, you and your provider should make the decision.
    lms_lms

Answer by lms_lms at 9:48 PM on Jul. 28, 2009