Child Disabilty

Has Anyone Else Been Turned Down When Trying To Get Disabilty For Your Child? My Son Suffers From NF And His Doctors Told Me I Need To Get Him On Disabilty Because Of His Health I Applied Back In Nov 2008 And I Just Got The Letter Today Saying He Was Turned Down.I Know When My Husband Applied For Disabilty He Got Turned Down Because He Had A Master Degree In Business, Had His HVAC Lic,Not Counting Being A RN.We Had To Get A Lawyer To Take The Case In Order For My Husband To Get His.

daisyjeanSC3

Asked by daisyjeanSC3 at 11:16 AM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Health

• You must get a case manager trough an organization that receives funding from a federal agency. The organization sends a social worker to your home who will prepare an evaluation by a psychologist. They will ask you to gathered documentation from Doctors stating your child's disability. The case manager will determine if you qualify for state and federal services which will make you entitle for SSI too (it doesn't matter how much you or your husband make)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Jul. 28, 2009