My son decided to pour out entire bottle of baby powder all over his room...ALL OVER. We have hard wood floors. I can't get all the powder up. I have swept, and used a swifter. Now I have a white residue all over. Any suggestions on how to get it cleaned up?

hmaMommy

Asked by hmaMommy at 11:24 AM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Have you tried using something wet? It sounds like youre going to have to get on your hands and knees with a wet cloth and clean all the crevices. I wouldnt use any kind of soap or cleaner unless its murphy's oil. That leaves residue on your floors. Im sorry, that sounds like a lot of work. Bless your heart!!
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 11:27 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• You can try white vinegar....or soda water.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• My oldest done something similar-with 20#'s of flour. All you can really do is sweep up the big piles, vaccuum, mop and if all else fails, decorate your home with a winter scene and act like the baby powder is part of the theme!
    auntj

Answer by auntj at 11:29 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I would suggest using a damp cloth or damp mop or towel, then using a dry one due to the hard wood floors, has happened to us but we have tile not wood, if it is really big mess probably treat the wood after with like swiffer hard wood floor treatment so the powder doesn't ruin the wood
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I think you're going to have to get a damp rag and just start wiping everything down.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 11:31 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Use a toothbrush to get in those cracks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Wet Mop.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I had a similar problem when my landlord had to fix a issue behind the wall in my children's room. He had to cut the drywall, and it left powder all over the floor. We too have hardwood floors. I swept and mopped, but undortunately it did not come up. I have had to just sweep and mop as usual and it comes up a little at a time everything I do it. Eventually it will all come up, but it seems like it just takes time and I have to be sure to mop over the area very well everytime I do so. Sorry I could not be much help, but you're not alone! :)
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 11:34 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• do you have a good vacuum? or a shopvac?
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 1:23 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• try some mop and glow or murphys oil my mom uses this stuff on her floors and it does miricles
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 7:34 PM on Jul. 28, 2009