What does it mean to have a shallow spine?

When I had my first son I got the epidural. The doc looked at me after and said good thing I noticed you had a shallow spine and to make sure that it was in my file for next time I have a baby. Well, that next time is now. I am almost 38 weeks pregnant and worried about what kinda of pain meds to get when I am labor. The epidural worked really well but, just worried about the shallow spine thing I dont want them to hit a nerve and have serious damage. What are my options? Please Help me.

Tara04

Asked by Tara04 at 11:38 AM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i think a shallow spine is good for them they can see what they are doing better then with a reg spine so i wouldnt worry and just go with the epi if it worked well last time im sure it'll do the same this time GL ! and congrats
    Anonymous