Dinner ideas

I don't mind making dinner. I just hate coming up with ideas for stuff we haven't had lately (or at all). In the last couple of weeks we've done things like "sub bar", chili dogs with homemade chili and potato salad, baked potato bar, homemade mac and cheese, steaks, shish cabob, bbqd chicken, taco salad. I'm just drawing a blank and I'm sick of the same old stuff as well.

Any suggestions? Something to go with regular salad would be good because I got some lettuce yesterday.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Lasagna!
    sophiafarris

Answer by sophiafarris at 11:45 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• how about baked chicken and rice. Just get a regualar baking dish large enough or small enough for your family. its easy and simple put chicken with bones not theboneless chicken it will be dry, get chicken with bones, season it well put pplain white rice all around the edges inside and around the chicken and put enough water for it to soak up and keep and eye on it it has to stay moist u may have to add water just by looking at it, and I also add cream of chicken its in a can in the soup section. just put half a small can ontop of the chicken make sure u add pepper to it and it will be wonderful! try this and let me know how it comes out
    SweetiePieAfWf

Answer by SweetiePieAfWf at 11:47 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• How about Hobo Burgers?

That is when you put a hamburger patty along with potatoes, carrots, onions, or whatever in a foil pouch. Everyone can make their own and put in what they like. Put them on the grill or in the oven.

Dyndudes

Answer by Dyndudes at 11:48 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I love lettuce I can eat it by itself...lol

Chicken,  seems to be our main dish lately...:)

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 11:55 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Homemade pizza. It's easy and cheap and the kids love helping! You can pick up dough in the refridgerated case near the deli for less than $2. Grab a can of tomato puree and some mozz. Roll it out and slap it in a greased cookie sheet. Put a little olive oil on it, a bit of garlic salt and some dried basil. Throw on a few spoonfuls of tomato puree and the mozz and cook on 450 for 20 minutes. Better than takeout.
    deadheadjen

Answer by deadheadjen at 1:24 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• How about enchiladas. They go well with a garden salad.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 1:55 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• You can add a tossed salad to any meal. How about roasted chicken, baked spaghetti, Swiss steak, oven fried chicken, sloppy joes, scalloped potatoes & ham, oriental chicken salad, wet burritos, shepherd's pie, beef roast & gravy.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 2:09 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• If you like shrimp we use the frozen precooked and just thaw and put on a skewer and brush with butter and then sprinkle with garlic powder and when cooked, about 15 min. brush on bbq sauce and they are delicious. Serve with baked potato and salad

Ginger10

Answer by Ginger10 at 3:22 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• enchiladas
    grilled pizza
    beans, rice, quesadillas and avocado salad
    pot pie
    stew with dumplings
    peanut noodles with veggies

Answer by rkoloms at 3:26 PM on Jul. 28, 2009