How do I know if I have Fiber Myalgi

My mom has it and im getting the same symptoms and pains she is having.

mommyof3males

Asked by mommyof3males at 11:50 AM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Health

• There is no "set" diagnosis test. Start recording your symptoms, and talk with your MD. He'll run some tests to rule out other issues.
    say_tay

Answer by say_tay at 11:57 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• The only way to know is to go to the Dr.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:06 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I would go to your moms doctor if you think you have fibromyalgia, because it has only been a medical term for alittle over 10 years and alot of Doctors think patients that claim they have it are drug seekers, and not a real disease or disorder. Just be careful....

NO I AM NOT SAYING IT IS NOT REAL..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 12:28 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Go to your Doc and get tested for it. There's a 50/50 chance, that you have it or not. So start to make a diary about your symptoms, how long they are, how much they occur, under which circumstances and how bad the pain is on a scale from 1 to 10 (one the lowest, 10 the worst). My BFF has it and she's always hurt, so I know a bit about it and how she got diagnosed.

@midnighmoma:
    This is for real, you should see my BFF if she has an attack, she can't really move for hours, even with meds!
    Anonymous

• ANON, I didnt say it wasnt real, reread my response, I SAID SOME DOCTORS DONT BELIEVE IT IS REAL....
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 2:59 PM on Jul. 28, 2009