Fleece Fabric - I want it soft!

My family has several "no sew" fleece blankets. Some of them are much softer and warmer than the others. Anyone know what makes some fleece "better" than other fleece?

I want to make some blankets for Christmas and want to buy the soft fleece.

Dyndudes

Asked by Dyndudes at 11:57 AM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• some may be microfiber fleece that is a lot softer and very warm!! the one bad thing is that it stretches very easily so its hard to make a square or rectangle blanket... it is one that has to be laid out on the floor and you move around it rather than making it on your lap.... gravity will stretch it out
    Mamakat90

Answer by Mamakat90 at 12:03 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I dont know what the difference is, but JoAnns has a "premium" line of fleece and I think its much much better quality. It is stretchier though.. its really hard to sew, IMO.

LuminousMom

Answer by LuminousMom at 11:53 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Fabric Softener should do the trick.
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 7:17 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I am not sure the actual difference but I use the touch and feel test. The colors and patterns are nice, but it is the softness factor that makes a blanket a favorite.
    DogsMom

Answer by DogsMom at 8:59 PM on Jul. 31, 2009