How should I take this?

I was just at the store and this woman looked at me and shrieked "Oh my God, you're so tiny!" Ok, I'm petite (5'3" 100lbs.) but damn, I kinda feel insulted. I hate how short I am and I usually wear heels but I was wearing flats. Should I be insulted?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:10 PM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• She was probably jealous.
    Anonymous

• Take it as a compliament, I am 5 3 also but 121lbs and I get the same thing... My DD is 4 11 so imagine what she gets, the girl is almost 17 and gets in to movies and places like that prices as a child LOL...
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 12:14 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I don't think she meant to be insulting and not all women who comment on how tiny someone is, is jealous. I said this exact thing to my cousin a couple days ago because she has lost alot of weight. Sooo, maybe it was a compliment. Why do women get insulted when someone says they are tiny? Would you rather have someone say "You're so fat!"
    Anonymous

• I would love to hear that again. Before I had kids I weighed 103lbs (I'm 5 feet tall) and people would always say how little I was. I'm now about 65lbs overweight and I really miss hearing people talk about me being little. People always said it as a compliment. But that's what having two kids did to me. I definitely wouldn't be insulted unless she added a rude comment along with it.

Samantha_1629

Answer by Samantha_1629 at 12:23 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• i am 5 foot so i understand "ohh your soo cute" "omg your so tiny" " arnt u just cute" and im 31..i learned to deal with it but i do say to my friends stop patting me on the head im not a lap dog lol. and my husband is 5 8 so we look silly next to each other but i love it just the right size for a great hug, and i have said "i am small but i xplode like a stick of dinamite" my husband has learned its the "lil" ones u have to watch out for....take it as a complment...(:
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 12:34 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I think petite woman are cute...I know that is not what you wanted to hear.

My dh's ex was a petite and I would ask him why did he marry a child...I mean she looked like one to me. But she was pretty and cute.

Don't take it personal...please. That lady was probably just surprised on how tiny you were that is all no jealousy about it. Unless you looked so cute as far as what you were wearing...idk.
    Anonymous

• I"m pretty sure she wasn't jealous. She was pretty skinny.
    Anonymous

• dont feel bad i get that all the time, i hate it , it like people dont think, like what if you were to go up to someone and be like, omg ! you are soooo fat. right? not good
    Anonymous

• lmfao i'm 5'2 and 200 lbs. and that doesn't happen to me.. the only thing that does is when i tell them my age, they have this stunned look on their face cause they expected someone younger
    kittenripmaygo

Answer by kittenripmaygo at 3:48 PM on Jul. 28, 2009