I need advice on what to do? Please!

I am so confused i have like three in a half weeks left until i am due and i don't know what to do i haven't been very active through my pregnancy and i feel lazy most of the time should i get up and do lots of stuff or is it okay just sit back and relax and not do much. I ask my doc but he says its really my choice what i do. What did you ladies do or are you doing in your last few weeks?

newmom183

Asked by newmom183 at 12:11 PM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Do WHATEVER you want to do. If you want to go out , do it. If you want to stay home, do that. I wouldn't suggest you totally let the house go to pot unless you are going to have someone else do the cleaning after the baby comes. It really can build up and you won't want to do it then.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:15 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I was working retail until I was 9 months, then as soon as I went on maternity leave I laid on my sofa for like 2 straight weeks and didnt get up. I had a huge baby so I was pretty massive.
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 12:13 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• be lazy while you can....cause once that baby is here you cant do it.....your preggo, your making a baby....be lazy
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 12:34 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I feel so guilty being lazy and is it healthy to be lazy?
    newmom183

Answer by newmom183 at 12:37 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I wouldn't say it is healthy, but it is good for you to relax once in awhile. I know the closer you get to labor, the better it is to just sit and do nothing. They say it is important for you to conserve your energy for labor. There are alot of things you normally do in a day that you don't realize are burning calories, so I don't think you should feel guilty about it. But like someon said above, I would get everything you want to done know, because you won't have time after the baby comes.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 12:44 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I would set a goal just to get something done everyday... take it easy though no matter how much you do it's never going to be done in time. When I was pregnant with my daughter having a messy house just wasn't an option I was obsessed with keeping everything spotless. When I got home with my new baby and had so many restrictions on what I could physically do ( had a c-section) I didn't just lose sleep over waking up with her all night the house seemed to be falling apart around me! Just make sure you stock your freezer and pantry with easy meal stuff and get all the laundry caught up on. Then make a list on things you wouldn't mind someone else helping out with when the baby gets here. I was put on the spot when my mom showed up to clean I wish I would have prepared myself to better accept help. GL ( if you get bored clean and organize closets. something you won't get around to doing for atleast a year)
    mizsaxton

Answer by mizsaxton at 1:00 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I wouldn't be lazy, but I would take a easy. That means still go for a little walks, don't just sit on the couch and do nothing, it's good to still be active right before you deliver. If you don't feel up to it one day, no problem, just do some necessary stretching at home. good luck to you!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 1:25 PM on Jul. 28, 2009