Do you think you would ever have a good relationship with your mother again

If she abandod you between the ages of 10 and 13? She was always there until she just up and left, than just popped in here in there until you were an adult. Would you be upset? I could never do this to my kids so I just really dont understand why she would just up and leave her kids. She worked so it wasnt money and she left you with your crazy Dad.Why would she hate her kids so much? Now she is tying to be your Mom after so many years, what do you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:32 PM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• Accept her flaws. Forgive her. Forget everything and start anew. Trust me! When I read this it's like you were speaking for me. Let her in. Everyone needs a mother. We all do. That is irreplacable.
    evilive

Answer by evilive at 12:39 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Is this Tori Spelling?

Anonymous

• Lmfao!
    evilive

Answer by evilive at 12:52 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• forgive but dont forget. forgive because it might make you feel better in the end, but no i dont think she should just get away with what she did to you.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 1:29 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• My birth mom lost custody of myself & my brother when we were little. She was given visitation but didn't exercise it & eventually gave me up for adoption to my aunt & uncle (really long story there, lol). I didn't meet her until I was 24. We didn't really click at the first meeting & didn't see each other again until I was 30. During those 6 years, she completely turned her life around. She stopped partying & drinking & smoking. She became a Christian. She has struggled with depression but is in counseling & on meds to handle it. She practices forgiveness & patience & loves being a grandmother to my kids. Could I sit & judge her on her past mistakes? Sure, but it would only hurt everyone--me, her, my kids. I have forgiven her of her mistakes & accept the woman she is now, just as she has forgive me mine & accepts me for who I am.

Give your mom a chance--you might be amazed. Good luck!
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 2:01 PM on Jul. 28, 2009