Would you recommend joining Passion Parties?

I currently sell Mary Kay and love their products but have been thinking about starting another business as well because it is fun, and you get to meet new people and can also earn extra income and I figure I can cross advertise if I have two businesses. If that makes any sense lol. So I am looking at Passion Parties and I am thinking about joining but I want to hear from other ladies who are doing it or used to, Can you really make money doing it? Do you enjoy it? Does anyone recommend other companies? I just want something that doesnt clash with Mary Kay and figured Intimate items would be nice but Im open to other ideas for businesses! I want the honest truth, not just a few lines pumping up the company to just get a recruit lol. Is this really a company worth investing in??

Awing10

Asked by Awing10 at 12:42 PM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Money & Work

• Yes, do Passion Parties. They've been around the longest and I wouldn't dare give the others a try, but I'm biased. I don't see a reason not to go with PP.

People aren't buying $80 dildos in this economy? Actually they are! I've been to several parties this year and the women are spending a lot of money. Besides, people (for some reason....who knows why!) tend to forget that PP sell other items as well.

Porno shops or not, PP are better. Do you get to sample all the products that these shops sell? You don't get to taste the edibles, sample the lotions, etc. Not only that but the products aren't all that great. Cheesy looking and more expensive than PP products. And you're not going to get all the informative tips like you do at PP.
    MelB.

Answer by MelB. at 8:12 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• If you like that kind of stuff and want to pay the prices they have, go ahead. Personally i know of an opportunity thats free. I sold that kind of stuff some time ago, here is my site, click here.

You can get your own store for free by clicking here!

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 1:13 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I forgot to mention that you name your business what you want, decorate how you like, you can also chose to do your own shipping and customer service or have the company do it for you, either way there is no charge.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 1:19 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Personally... I would never join a company like Passion Parties where I live. There's no point when the local porn shop is just down the road and their prices are typically cheaper than most of these party company's. If I lived in a state like Utah where there weren't really any porn shops or places to get a lot of stuff... then maybe. But in states where there are porn shops locally I wouldn't bother.
    Jafra_mommy

Answer by Jafra_mommy at 2:56 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I would ask your friends if they would enjoy such a thing, some women just aren't as open to such things as others, also look at see if there are too many already selling in your area.

The final thing you'll want to do is read the TOS from both Passion Parties and Mary Kay, most companies allow you to sell for up to 3 companies, some don't allow you to be with any other company!

But cross promoting can work with Direct Selling and expanding into other areas can be a benefit, you could potentialy host open houses that highlight all companies you are with.

Besides Passion Parties other areas that may help you sell a larger variety could be something food related, from Tupperware, Tastefully Simple or other companies that sell mixes....or scrapbooking like Creative Memories...because you could host a crop, sell the mixes by having samples, as well as have a Mary Kay makeover giveaway as a door prize.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 4:45 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Both yes and no... They are FAR from my first pick for another company. And their "skin care" products could slightly clash with MK... However, I love the products and the company. Personally, if I were you, I would sit down and weight the pros & cons. PP requires PARTIES. If you are already doing those with MK it could greatly clash with your schedule. If you are not already doing parties because you are to "Shy" then this isn't going to work either.

Personally, I don't want to do ANY sales! I stick with businesses that generally do not require me to do sales. Now, I do have a few that I am supposed to SELL for, but I don't. I just put my sites out there and let people trickle in, but those are free. I also don't want a business where I have to keep up with orders. Both of my main businesses are residual. This stops the hassel if I have to take time off. They will pay me forever!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:58 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Not sure about that particular company but I have been with my direct sales company for two years and love it and I just added another one today. There is business out there for many things, GOOD LUCK!
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 6:07 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• No. Compare them with the other companies. Ive tried them all. Go with Pure Romance or Slumber Parties if you are wanting to do that business, and I know I made a lot of money with the romance business...more than I made selling tupperware and mary kay. Just my experience. Anyhow, compare the credit card processing rules and website charges compared to Slumber Parties adn Pure Romance. Also, with other companies, you start out making more profit and the customer service is better. Brown Bag parties is better too. Just do more research on website fees, credit card fees,etc. Slumber Parties even has insurance and free nice websites.
    Anonymous

• There used to be a market for it but these days most people aren't splurging on stuff like that. $80 dildos just aren't that popular in a bad economy.
    Anonymous

• I don't know that you would get that great a response and try to get parties. It is a very specialized party system.
    It is up to you as to what you would feel comfortable doing. That is the most important. If you are not comfortable and not a big market than it is hard for the person trying to sell it.

Mary Kay is a great product. Wide range of people will ALWAYS buy personal products. I buy Avon, still... (sorry), but I have for years and still buy it.

And, yes I joined a DSA last year. I really wasn't looking. We didn't need the money, but I really saw a huge potential and it has really paid off. And I'm not hyping. It really has. We have a wide range of selling potentials and it really sells even in a bad economy. I can't wait until the economy is good! If your looking around. I am at www.scentsy.com/6401. Or my homepage hre. We move up quickly and I have never had a zero paycheck!
    gr-mom2

Answer by gr-mom2 at 9:36 AM on Jul. 29, 2009