19 weeks, bad cramps & Diareah... ?

Yesterday it was just a bit of cramping, but then I went to bed after having slight insomnia (I was awake until 3 am) and bad, bad cramping started, enough to wake me up almost crying. I also have diareah. I woke up every 1-2 hours overnight and was up fpr 30-40 minutes at a time, so I have only had bout 3 hours sleep. what can I do??? Is Pepto Bismol OK?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:45 PM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• DO NOT take pepto you can not have that pregnant you should call your doc and tell them about it you shouldnt have cramping THAT bad
    Anonymous

• Make sure you are drinking plenty of fluids and try to eat some ritz or saltines. Maybe grab a Gatorade to keep your electrolytes up. You could possibly have a little stomach bug, but I would call your doctor just to discuss your symptoms and to see if they would like to check things out. Always better to be safe than sorry and if you are concerned, follow your intuition. I hope you feel better.
    Anonymous

• diarreah can be sign of labor so i suggest you call your doctor
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 12:54 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• what did you eat? the cramps could be from the diarrhea. and you could've eaten something that just didn't agree w/ your stomach. no, pepto is not ok to take while pg. just keep drinking lots of water (so that you don't get dehydrated) and you still need to eat a little something (maybe dry toast or crackers and peanut butter). call your care provider and see what you can take.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 2:44 PM on Jul. 28, 2009