bf question asked in babies as well

this morning i was so busy with my kids i forgot to eat breakfast and i was breast feeding a few minutes ago and my 3 week old was acting fussy and kept breaking the latch and whining- at first i thought maybe it was gas but then i squeezed my nipple to express some milk and it took more tries than normal and when the flow started it was really light and came out in only a few drops not the normal squirting flow- but now i just ate and hes at the breast dribbling milk down his chin lol- do u think my flow was affected by not eating?

lovelyli217

Asked by lovelyli217 at 12:46 PM on Jul. 28, 2009 in General Parenting

• I doubt it would by missing one meal. Stress can affect it, and it sounds like you're busy! I wouldn't worry about it too much, but keep eating so you feel good.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 12:49 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• It CAN...but you're also at the three week growth spurt.

Don't skip meals mostly for YOURSELF. You don't want to keel over! And especially keep up your liquids.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:59 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• It can be.

Just drink lots of water, eat healthy foods, have skin-to-skin contact with your baby, get some brewers yeast tablets to help increase your production, and nurse a bit more often.

Congratulations on your new family member!

Answer by rkoloms at 1:18 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Yes. Especially if you make a habit of not taking in enough calories. If you aren't eating enough to keep your milk supply up and then you miss a meal it will affect your supply.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 1:40 PM on Jul. 28, 2009