I woke up last night choking on stomach acid? Graphic...lol

Two in the morning, I woke up literally choking on my own stomach acid, it burned and tasted like vomit, i didn't puke though, unless i just puked in my sleep and don't remember. there weren't chunks or anything.

then i had "the drip" in the back of my throat coming from my nose of just pure stomach acid. i tried to blow it out or swallow it and it just burned either way. i ate some tums and drank some milk.

what the hell was that, that's not pregnancy heartburn is it? there's no way. i'm 25 weeks, i've never had this happen.

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 12:50 PM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had that but I also couldn't breath and had to throw up so that I could breath everytime it happened.
    I have acid reflux and was given prilosec OTC before I was pregnant. When I got pregnant I was told the ONLY thing I could take was tums, which didn't help with that, so I suffered for weeks and weeks. Finally changed doctors and found out that I could take my prilosec! So I suffered for nothing.
    I'd call your doctor and ask them for an acid reducer. You really don't have to suffer like that=[
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 1:37 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I have had that happen to me when pregnant and when not pregnant and it is scary,isn't it. I decided to stop eating , no meals, no snacking, after 6:00PM and it seemed to work. I haven't had that happen for years. Good luck!
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 12:53 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• might be getting acid reflux tell your doctor
    Anonymous

• I get that pretty often actually, or at least I have with this pregnancy
    Skye-Angel

Answer by Skye-Angel at 12:57 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I had something similar happen early in my pregnancy- before I even knew for sure that I was pregnant I was dry heaving in my sleep. No stomach acid, though. I think cutting down on food before bed and taking tums or mylanta before going to sleep should help. GL!
    ccspiratemama

Answer by ccspiratemama at 12:59 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• it scared the crap out of me. thanks i will tell the doctor, acid reflux yuck. its weird i had mashed potatoes and bland chicken for dinner, nothing acidic at all. that was so disgusting.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:09 PM on Jul. 28, 2009