Does this story sound odd to anyone else???

Ok, let me start by saying that I hope and pray that their child is found safe and returned home with no incident....

BUT...there is an 8 year old boy is Boise, Idaho missing...supposedly he was mad when his mother told him he could not attend a birthday party so he walked out of the house on Friday night...

1) Who lets an 8 year old just walk out of the house?
2) They seem very at ease for having "lost" their son
3) Aarone Thompson also "walked out of the house" when she was denied a cookie...and it was her parents that actually caused her permanent disappearance

I hope that this is not another case like Aarone's was, that was sickening and heartbreaking, and again, I of course hope that they get their son back. I just think that they are acting oddly and the story seems a bit ridiculous to me....what are your thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:54 PM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Well i AM judging them!! What kind of parents will WATCH their 8 year old walk out the door and not even look where he is going???!?!

I haven't heard the story but i do hope they find the boy safe and bring him home....
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 2:07 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Sorry I haven't heard of this story, but wanted to say I felt the same way with the Elizabeth Smart disappearance and it ended up she was really abducted and her parents were not involved.
    Anonymous

• Dont judge before you know the WHOLE story. You werent there. Maybe the boy ran away when his mom wasn't looking.
    Anonymous

• I ran off when I was 7-8 years old before.. all I had to do was wait until they werent looking.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 1:16 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Bexi, I did too. My parents had no idea where I was.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 1:34 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• OP....
    It was said that they watched him walk out of the house. I am NOT judging them, I simply said I found it to be a bit odd, and I also said that I hope that everything has a good outcome and everyone is alright. I just think it's strange that he has been missing for over 3 days now and his parents seem to have no emotion at all and act like him walking out of the house was perfectly normal and ok, they just want him to have learned a lesson from this experience......
    when someone's child is missing, what parent would say they hope their own child learns his lesson from this situation??????? They should be out there poundin the pavement looking for him and searching everywhere IMO.
    Anonymous

• Answered at 1:00 PM on Jul. 28, 2009 by: Anonymous
    ---
    Elizabeth Smart's father planned her disapperance! I always did think since day 1 he got her knocked up or something , and had to hide what he'd done!!!
    ---
    OP : I havent been watching the news about this story bc i've been in the hospital. So i never seen his parents talking or anything. But i do know i would never be at ease w/ my child missing!
    Anonymous

• My son was missing for 2 days he walked out of our home told us he hated us because we would not let him have dessert since he did not eat any of his dinner. He was in his clubhouse and I took him his camping stuff and he accepted it. That night to get back at us for not begging him to come inside he went to his friends house and hid in their pool house for 2 days. Our son had no clue the whole town was looking for him. This was long before they did Amber alerts. We were on our local news and people felt we had killed him. Many in our town said that to our faces the day he was reported missing. When he came home and admitted to running away those same people said we faked it all so we could get attention or he was abused and was trying to get away from us. It was terrible so many did not know the story and judged.  Kids do get upset and run away thankfully our son was not harmed in the process.  I don't judge anyone.

Anonymous

• Wow, I bet that was terrifying ANON...how old was your son?
    Anonymous

• Why on earth did you enable him to stay outside of your home? That seems insane to me. I would have sent him to his room or made him sit his butt on the couch and sulk, especially over something as petty as dessert. I am sorry that you had to endure all of that, I imagine it was scary and difficult, I am simply saying that I would have addressed the situation much differently.

As for the original question, I have seen this on the news and the parents seem to have a total lack of concern for their missing son. I do not want to speculate that they had anything to do with his disappearance, but I do agree that the story seems odd and the parents appear nonchalant.
    Anonymous