Painting...

So I'm on the phone waiting for someone at my Dr. office to pick up so I thought I would see where I would get an answer first for my question since I have been on hold for ever.

Ok, so I know its ok to use water base paints but can I use pastel base paint. We are having new carpet installed tommorrow so I want to finsh getting my dd room painted before the carpeting gets here. I dont know if this matters but I am 34 weeks pregnant.

Abbysmommy321

Asked by Abbysmommy321 at 1:00 PM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i've heard it both ways, yes its ok if you take breaks and have it ventilated and no its not ok have someone else do it

helpful huh
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:02 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• i painted my daughter's room by myself and now i'm going to be painting the baby's room soon, you should be okay like pp said make sure to take breaks & keep the room ventilated
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 1:08 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I painted my son's room and our bedroom when I was very pregnant with my son. I just opened windows and took a break about every 20 to 30 minutes.
    Samantha_1629

Answer by Samantha_1629 at 1:10 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I wouldn't worry, I painted my soon to be nursery and at the time I was 24 weeks. They do say that you should have it painted earlier in your pregnancy because it's hard to bend and stretch all over. It's not just about the smell and keeping the windows open, but take alot of breaks. I was so sore after painting, it took me 2 days to recover. Good luck to you!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 1:21 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• i just asked my dr. this question to!. she told me it was safe as long as you are in a well ventilated room :) an take some breaks for fresh air. good luck an have fun! i love painting :)
    akalei

Answer by akalei at 1:58 AM on Jul. 29, 2009