I am sooo ready!

I'm only about 36wks. I've been having more frequent contractions of every kind you can think of. My upper pelvic bone between the bone and skin feels like it's burning and cracked even when I'm just laying down. I've tried water, excersizes, different positions, everything they suggest and it's not changing. Called the nurse to see if he can start checking to see if I'm dialated and she said they don't check until the 39th wk. But, she moved my next apt up to his Friday. Oh, and heartburn like crazy!

Any tips? 36wks is a little early to start trying to induce or do things to have her early. I'm just soooo ready! People I know have had their babies this early and they were all healthy and weighed okay. The books say she'd be about 6 lbs. And obviously I've been expanding more and more for the past month Or longer So I think it's retarded that he wont check if I'm dialated If I am enough what do u think of inducing

tcarter1981

Asked by tcarter1981 at 1:01 PM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i think a good doctor would definitely check you, if you're dialated early you have a right to know.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:07 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• let your baby decide when she's ready to come...she knows when she's ready.
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 1:03 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I know there are also people who have babies born at 36 weeks with complications. Totally not worth it. There's no way of knowing how much she'll weigh til she's born. Even u/s can be off by as much as 2 lbs in either direction. It makes sense that he won't check you, and it sounds like you've got a good doctor who isn't induction happy.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:04 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I just don't understand why people can't let nature takes it course. So damn selfish to want your baby born early. Just because some are born healthy that early doesn't mean yours will be and complications could come later.

Anonymous

• They should check you! Call another doctor to get a second opinion!
    usdragonflies

Answer by usdragonflies at 1:09 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• if u want to be check u should get checked but just let your baby come when she ready trust me i want my little girl out just as bad as u do ill be 38 weeks in 2 days and i get no sleep and if i sit or stand for to long i get tins pain like i pulled a muscle in between my hip and leg that when I'm standing i almost fall over

honeyb690

Answer by honeyb690 at 2:15 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I had contractions every 10 minutes for hours today. If they don't check me and I have her in the bathtub with my 4yr old there I'm gonna be pissed! That's not selfish. I had an ultrasound about a month ago and they said she was 4lbs, so we know the 2lbs either way is bull because I keep on them. If I am dialated I want to know.

They hooked me up for a stress test today and the contractions were recorded for about an hour and then they sent me home. There weren't even any docs in the office. The 2 docs that work there had an emergency. And yah, I do have a right to know. I'm in pain. I am not selfish or neglectful.

The nurse checked if I was dialated and said I'm closed, but she could feel my baby's head when she was doing it. My daughter was 2wks early, 8lbs 5oz and plenty healthy. She came really fast and I don't want to have complications because I didn't recieve the proper care during labor.
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 10:29 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• And I have epilepsy, so my medication levels have to be monitored and they have to give me a higher dosage right before I have her. So don't judge. I asked for advice,
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 12:33 AM on Jul. 29, 2009