Are sonograms suppose to tell you absolutly nothing?

Hey I am pregnant. ( no clue how long) Just went for my first sonogram and the lady would not answer any questions. she only told me there was a heart beart. she would not tell me how big the baby is, if it is health , it that a good heart beat or to fast or slow, what my expected date would be ( which i was told was the purpose of the sonogram) I am just wonddering is this normal for sonograms or should i be looking for alternate locations?

Eclipse538

Asked by Eclipse538 at 1:11 PM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• She's a tech, not a physician. She will pass it along to your doctor, then he/she will tell you at your next appt
    Anonymous

• Your doctor will give you the information. Depending on where you go, some places are instructed to not tell the patient anything. They're not doctors, they're just techs.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:12 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• your doctor should go over that with you if someone else did it besides your doctor they really arent allowed to talk to you about it they write it all down and send it to your doc then they will discuss it with you
    Anonymous

• google online due date calculator to find out how far along you are, use the first day of your last menstrual period.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:16 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Um.. My tech told me, but I did see her right after the ultrasound. It does depend on the guidelines of your ob office. It's strange they wouldn't tell you your due date, I found from the tech and didn't have to see my doctor after that. Did you ask why you can't tell me that stuff? I would check about their policy before changing doctors offices. good luck to you!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 1:16 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Your doctor should be the one giving that kind of information not the technician
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 3:38 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• That's pretty much the standard. The doctor will go over the results with you. The tech can be fired if they tell you anything other than gender predicitions.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:37 PM on Jul. 28, 2009