15 months old and corn?

I have read in Super Baby Food not to offer corn to youngens till they are at least 18 months old due to the corn possibly causing stomach problems. same with cucumbers and cabbage. is this true? has your young toddler had corn (or any of the mentioned above) yet? any issues afterwards?

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 1:13 PM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I've only heard of cabbage....mainly for the gas.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 1:24 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• my 18 month old loves popcorn!
    corn is fine as long as they have teeth and do not stuff it in all at once
    Anonymous

• Mine had corn baby food at 6 months and did fine. It doesn't always digest, though...so expect to see some in the poop! LOL (same with a lot of adults, though)
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 1:54 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• yes fiber fiber fiber LOL. not that i'm depending solely on the author of that book, but I wonder what it is about corn that causes digestive problems? i can understand cabbage. I mean that veggie is recommended to be limited even while preggo. but corn? I understand the choking hazard though.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 2:14 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Really?!?!? My baby boy loves to eat corn on the cob. He is now 19 months and has been eating it since 12 months!
    Mother_2_Three

Answer by Mother_2_Three at 2:30 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• My daughter is 15 months she has been eating corn since she started table food and even brussel sprouts and baked and refried beans... she's been just fine ... of course the other stuff we had to introduce pretty slowly, but not corn, there's even corn in step 2 baby foods!
    ameliasmom113

Answer by ameliasmom113 at 3:47 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• My 17 month old will eat a whole corn on the cob!! comes out looking same as it went in tho lol ;)and he has had no problems :) x
    saraloutoni

Answer by saraloutoni at 3:49 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• they make corn baby food though i dont see a big deal with it...my started to eat corn at 8 months i would give them one piece at a time and watch them but i never had a problem...
    pebbles425

Answer by pebbles425 at 4:13 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• My 19 month old has been eating corn on the cob for months without any issues. He also had corn off the cob before that.
    aehanrahan

Answer by aehanrahan at 5:04 PM on Jul. 28, 2009