Christians, would you like to share your favorite bible verse with us?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:18 PM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I like Acts 10:34 recently read this.
    Anonymous

• Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you, not as the world gives do I give to you; Let your heart not be troubled, neither let it be afraid. ~John 14:27
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 1:33 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• john 3:16.
    momof3102

Answer by momof3102 at 1:44 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Ohh, John 3:16 is such a great one! I'd also say Psalm 91:2-"I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge,and my fortress, my God, in Whom I trust."
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 1:59 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• 1 Peter 1:6-7 in The Message: 1 Peter 1:7 (The Message) I know how great this makes you feel, even though you have to put up with every kind of aggravation in the meantime. Pure gold put in the fire comes out of it proved pure; genuine faith put through this suffering comes out proved genuine. When Jesus wraps this all up, it's your faith, not your gold, that God will have on display as evidence of his victory.

and in NASB: In this you greatly rejoice, even though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been distressed by various trials, so that the proof of your faith, being more precious than gold which is perishable, even though tested by fire, may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ;
    My pastor preached on 1 Peter 1:1-7 on Sat... amazing message and oh so encouraging!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 2:02 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• romans 8:28 i love this verse when i'm down about something God bless
    cleo2582

Answer by cleo2582 at 2:06 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I love that verse Kennswifey ; )

Isaiah 41:10 is special to me. God gave it to me when I had my miscarriage. "Don't be afraid, for I am with you. Do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you. I will help you. I will uphold you with my victorious right hand."

I also love John 15:9 "As the Father loved Me, I also have loved you; abide in My love."

And Psalm 121:3 I have tattood on my back, "the one who watches over you will not sleep." It brings me comfort.

And I feel like this is a verse God gave to me too, maybe for something in the future, "God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble." Ps. 46:1. It was actually a birthday present from one of the most intense Christians I have ever met, and I can't shake the idea that I am going to need it someday. LOL.

Anyways. I love the word of God. I treasure every word.

Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 2:22 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Jeremiah 29:11-13(NIV) For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

This was written at a time when the Jewish people were in captivity in Babylon. They had no idea of the future and things didn't look good for them. But God hadn't deserted them.  He promised that He had their destiny under control.  For me it was when my twins were born prematurely, my husband lost his job and life was crazy.  It still is, but God is in control.

teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 3:15 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Ecclesiastes 7, namely 15-21:
    "In this meaningless life of mine I have seen both of these: a righteous man perishing in his righteousness, and a wicked man living long in his wickedness. Do not be overrighteous, neither be overwise—why destroy yourself? Do not be overwicked, and do not be a fool— why die before your time? It is good to grasp the one and not let go of the other. The man who fears God will avoid all extremes. Wisdom makes one wise man more powerful than ten rulers in a city. There is not a righteous man on earth who does what is right and never sins. Do not pay attention to every word people say, or you may hear your servant cursing you-for you know in your heart that many times you yourself have cursed others."

I love Solomon's literary style as well as how he projects his own emotion and life's lessons learned into this passage. I think of Ecc as "the reality of wisdom."
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 3:44 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Hebrews 11-1
    1Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

1 Peter 2:11-12 (King James Version)

11Dearly beloved, I beseech you as strangers and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts, which war against the soul;

12Having your conversation honest among the Gentiles: that, whereas they speak against you as evildoers, they may by your good works, which they shall behold, glorify God in the day of visitation.
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 5:31 PM on Jul. 28, 2009