Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If a sircumcision didn't heal corectly?

I don't even know how to explain this properly, but here I go... When my son was circumcised it wasn't healing properly, our pediatrician try to fix it by kinda terning the skin open again and hoping it would heal the way it should...after few tries he told us to leave it as it is and said it will grow right with now my son is 7 month old , and i start to notice that It healed incorrectly (or I think I did) what I mean is the edges of the head has healed with the skin that was cut, so you can't see the edge of the I'm a first time mom & I don't really know how a 7 month old penis should look, and my doctor keeps telling me its ok. But it doesn't look right to me...Should I go to a specialist? and which doc would that be?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 1:39 PM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

Answers (5)
  • go to a urologist

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:43 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

  • I would just forget it because the way they fix it is by breaking it and doing it again and it isnt worth your baby going through it.

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:49 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

  • Yea , but what if it won't develop properly?


    Answer by Anonymous at 1:59 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

  • its already not going to develop "normally".... they cut 1/3 of the skin off when he was born! If you want to put him through yet another unnecessary penile surgery, he needs to see a urologist.

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:51 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

  • Never doubt your mommy instinct. If you're concerned, take him to a urologist. He's the pee-pee expert...not the pedi.

    Answer by milfalicious08 at 2:35 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.